FAIRshare offers fair, manageable loans with flexible repayments and no penalties. We promote responsible lending and do not lend more than you can afford to repay.
When you choose to borrow from us, we’ll allocate part of each loan repayment to your savings account. So when you’ve repaid your loan, you’ll also have saved a cash lump sum. We call this Save as you borrow, and its one of the great benefits of borrowing from FAIRshare.
Interest rates we charge are capped by our regulators making us considerably cheaper than some lending options. For example, a FAIRshare loan could save almost £2000 buying a new Smart TV compared to a weekly payment store.
All loan applications are assessed in person by a Loan Officer, and decisions are based on affordability. As part of the assessment a credit check will be carried out.
You must be over 18 years can apply for a loan.
Not yet a member of FAIRshare ?
Then look no further than FAIRshare’s Handi-Loan and Handi-Loan Plus, both with OpenCash, the easy way to top up your loan. If your application is approved, you can join FAIRshare before funds are released. For more information or to apply online today for a quick decision, click here or visit a branch.
Benefits of borrowing from FAIRshare –
- Fair, manageable loans with flexible repayments and no penalties.
- Save as you borrow – your loan repayment includes a saving amount, so when you’ve paid back your loan, you’ll have saved money too.
- Affordable weekly, monthly, fortnightly or 4 weekly repayments, calculated for up to 5 years depending on the loan type and purpose.*
- Interest is charged on the reducing balance of your loan, and not the original loan value. This saves you money compared to many other lenders.
- Flexibility – borrow between £50 and £7500 over different periods depending on affordability and your circumstances.**
- Borrow for almost any purpose, including a Consolidation Loan to pay off existing debts.
- No penalty or fees if you pay off your loan early.***
- Fixed rate of interest, from only 0.49% (6.1% APR) per month, to a maximum of 3% per month (42.6% APR).
- A FAIRshare loan can also help improve your credit rating.
- Quick & easy – we aim to give you a decision n within 24 hours from receipt of all supporting documentation. If your application is approved, funds are transferred to your account within 24 hours of you signing your loan agreement
*Loans for annual events such as holidays, Christmas or car insurance will normally be repaid over a maximum of 12 months. Please refer to FAIRshare for more information.
**Loans of higher amounts may be considered – the maximum that can be borrowed is £7500 above your savings value.
***Early repayment penalty will be charged if a Handi-Loan or Handi-Loan Plus is repaid in full within 12 weeks of the original date of issue.
How to apply for a FAIRshare loan-
- Follow our Which Loan guide to see which loans are most appropriate for you.
- Complete the online loan application form (or print the downloadable form).
- Provide supporting information for your Loan Application. Proof of income & expenditure INCLUDING copies of your bank statements for the previous 2 months up to the date of your application are required. Our Loan Officer uses this supporting information to assess your application.
- We’ll contact you by email or telephone with a decision.
- If you application is approved, you’ll need to visit FAIRshare to sign the loan agreement*.
- Set up loan repayments – by payroll saving, by benefit payment (paid direct to FAIRshare) or by standing order from your bank account.
- Funds will be transferred to you.
*If you are not yet a member, you must join FAIRshare before funds are released.
Proof of Income & Expenditure
Depending on whether you are working or on benefits, or a mix of both, you may need to provide supporting documentation. The more information you provide the easier it will be for us to make a quick decision. Delays in us receiving this information may cause a delay in assessing your loan application.
Examples of proof of income –
- Benefits award letters.
- Wage slips for the last 2 months (if not shown on bank statements).
Examples of proof of spending –
- All Bank/Post Office/Post Office Card Account statements for the last 2 months.
- Gas/electric/telephone/TV bills or receipts if not shown on bank statements.
- Other household/family expenses e.g. food, entertainment if not shown on bank statements.
- Current loan books.
- Latest credit/store card statements.
- Current debt consolidation agreement balance.
Click here to read FAIRshare’s Data Protection Statement, information on Credit Reference and Fraud Prevention Agencies and Debt Recovery.
If you wish to set up a regular standing order to pay money into your FAIRshare account, please contact FAIRshare or call 1952 200200 and we will email or post a Standing Order Form to you.