Save as you Borrow with a Christmas Loan
We’re got Christmas all wrapped up for our members this year, with a great new £750 Christmas Loan! With fixed, affordable repayments with no surprises, a choice of repayment options to suit you budget and Save as you Borrow, our Christmas Loan helps spread your festive season costs and save for next Christmas at the same time. And, if affordable, your Christmas Loan can run alongside most of our other loans (Terms & Conditions apply).
To apply for an Christmas Loan you must –
- Be a member of FAIRshare Credit Union
- Be 18 years of age or over
- Have a regular income from employment, pensions or benefits
- Have waited 3 months since your last FAIRshare loan or Top Up
If you have already a Handi-Loan or Handi-Loan Plus you are unfortunately NOT eligible for the Christmas Loan.
Don’t miss out!
To make sure your application is assessed in time for Christmas, your completed online application and supporting bank statements must be with us by close of business on the 18th December.
Quick & easy to apply
Apply online now for a quick decision. Processing time will vary depending on demand, but we aim to have made a decision within 24 hours of receiving all supporting paperwork.
Saving as you borrow
Your weekly or monthly repayment includes a minimum saving of £2.07 a week or £8.79 a month – so after a year, you will have repaid the loan AND saved more than £105.
The Christmas Loan has convenient fixed repayments, with no surprises, to help you budget easily. You can select weekly, fortnightly, 4 weekly or monthly repayment options as follows –
Weekly repayments – £19.25 a week including savings of £2.07 a week.
Fortnightly repayments – £38.50 a fortnight including savings of £4.04 a fortnight.
4 weekly repayments – £77.50 four weekly including savings of £8.19 every 4 weeks.
Monthly repayments – £84.00 a month including savings of £8.79 a month.
Representative example –
Borrowing £750 over 52 weeks will cost £17.18 a week + £2.07 a week savings – £19.25 including savings. Total amount repayable is £893.51 which includes interest at 42.6% APR (3% per month). Comparable Rate of Interest for true cost of borrowing 19.2%. Total savings £107.64 after 52 weeks.
Looking for a different amount?
Terms & Conditions
- The Christmas Loan is a fixed value £750 loan with interest charged at 3% per month on the reducing balance.
- Members must save a minimum of £2.07 a week, which cannot be withdrawn until the loan is repaid in full. A specific ‘Locked Savings Account’ will be opened for this purpose.
- Top Ups are NOT permitted with the Christmas Loan, but one additional loan product may be available to a member dependent on affordability. If you have already a Handi-Loan or Handi-Loan Plus you are NOT eligible for the Christmas Loan.
- Applicants must be a member of FAIRshare Credit Union.
- The ‘Payroll Bonus’ discount does not apply to the Christmas Loan.
- All loans are offered subject to status & will be assessed on an individual basis. As part of this credit checks will be carried out.
- Repayments must be made weekly, fortnightly, 4 weekly or monthly by standing order from an account held in the applicant’s name and paid directly to your FAIRshare account.
- FAIRshare reserve the right to transfer a member’s savings to cover loan arrears if payments are not received on time.
- FAIRshare’s Christmas Loan is offered subject to availability.
- Applicants must be over 18 years old.
- Other terms & conditions may apply.