Save as you Borrow with an Early Bird Christmas Loan
It’s back! Christmas all wrapped up with our Early Bird Christmas Loan!
This great £750 loan helps you spread the cost of Christmas over a year, whilst building savings for next year, as you repay your loan.
Early Bird Discount during October
Great news! During October, we’re offering a special interest rate to help you get ahead this festive season. Instead of our usual 3% per month (36% p.a.) interest rate, we are reducing our rate by one third, to 2% per month (24% p.a.) saving you over £48 in interest on the Early Bird Christmas Loan. See it as an early Christmas present to our members, and get your application to us online today!
To apply for an Early Bird Christmas Loan you must –
- Be a member of FAIRshare Credit Union
- Be 18 years of age or over
- Have a regular income from employment, pensions or benefits
- Have waited 3 months since your last FAIRshare loan or Top Up
If you already have a Handi-Loan or Handi-Loan Plus you are unfortunately NOT eligible for the Early Bird Christmas Loan.
Quick & easy to apply
Apply online now for a quick decision. Processing time will vary depending on demand, but we aim to have made a decision within 24 hours of receiving all supporting paperwork.
Saving as you borrow
Your weekly or monthly repayment includes a minimum saving of £2.00 a week or £8.70 a month – so after a year, you will have repaid the loan AND saved £104.
The Early Bird Christmas Loan has convenient fixed repayments, with no surprises, to help you budget easily. You can select weekly, fortnightly, 4 weekly or monthly repayment options as follows –
Weekly repayments – £18.25 a week including savings of £2 a week.
Fortnightly repayments – £36.57 a fortnight including savings of £4 a fortnight.
4 weekly repayments – £73.39 four weekly including savings of £8 every 4 weeks.
Monthly repayments – £79.63 a month including savings of £8.70 a month.
Representative example –
Borrowing £750 over 52 weeks will cost £16.25 a week + £2 a week savings – £18.25 including savings. Total amount repayable is £844.96 which includes interest at 27.05% APR (2% per month). Comparable Rate of Interest for true cost of borrowing 12.7%. Total savings £104 after 52 weeks.
Looking for a different amount?
Terms & Conditions
- The Early Bird Christmas Loan is a fixed value £750 loan and for applications received during October, interest is charged at the special rate of 2% per month on the reducing balance. The interest rate will be 3% per month for applications received at any other time.
- Members must save a minimum of £2.00 a week, which cannot be withdrawn until the loan is repaid in full. A specific ‘Locked Savings Account’ will be opened for this purpose.
- Top Ups are NOT permitted, but one additional loan product may be available to a member dependent on affordability. If you have already a Handi-Loan or Handi-Loan Plus you are NOT eligible for the Early Bird Christmas Loan.
- Applicants must be a member of FAIRshare Credit Union.
- The ‘Payroll Bonus’ discount does not apply to the Early Bird Christmas Loan.
- All loans are offered subject to status & will be assessed on an individual basis. As part of this credit checks will be carried out.
- Repayments must be made weekly, fortnightly, 4 weekly or monthly by standing order from an account held in the applicant’s name and paid directly to your FAIRshare account.
- FAIRshare reserve the right to transfer a member’s savings to cover loan arrears if payments are not received on time.
- FAIRshare’s Early Bird Christmas Loan is offered subject to availability.
- Applicants must be over 18 years old.
- Other terms & conditions may apply.