Christmas Saver Account
• Looking for a safe, easy & flexible way to save for Christmas?
• Worried about running out of money for last minute presents?
• Do you dread starting the New Year with a hefty credit card bill?
Then open a Christmas Saver Account now and start saving!
A FAIRshare Christmas Saver Account is an easy & safe way to save for the Christmas season. Saving something each pay day will spread the cost of Christmas and help make next Christmas hassle free.
To encourage you to save, the account is ‘locked’ until November 1st, when you can withdraw your savings and do your Christmas shopping*.
Save from just £1 a week or £5 a month, and we’ll look after your money safely. You will be pleasantly surprised to see your savings grow & make a real difference at Christmas. Use our handy Weekly or Monthly Christmas Saver Charts and see how much you can save for Christmas and perhaps even the January sales too!
Click here to check out 12 great reasons to open a Christmas Saver Account today!
Need an extra helping hand? Why not consider applying for a Christmas loan to help cover your Christmas costs.
* One “free withdrawal “ before the 1st October is permitted. There is a charge of £5 per withdrawal for 2 further withdrawals before 1st October, to encourage you to save for Christmas.
Peace of Mind
In 2006, thousands of people lost all their Christmas savings when Farepak Hamper Company collapsed. Many Hamper Companies, Christmas Clubs & local saving schemes with pubs & societies aren’t secure.
FAIRshare members’ money is protected by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) currently to the value of £85,000.
Terms & Conditions
The following conditions apply in addition to those applicable to FAIRshare’s standard saving product –
• To join our Christmas Saver Account you must be a member of FAIRshare
• Flexible deposits by cash, standing order, or Payroll Savings (if offered by your employer)
• One ‘free withdrawal’ before 1st October is permitted. To encourage you to save there is a charge of £5 per withdrawal for 2 further withdrawals. If more than 3 withdrawals are requested, the Christmas Saver Account will be closed & and funds will be transferred to an access saver account
• Withdrawals between 1st November & 20th December are free of charge
• The maximum value of savings permitted in a Christmas Saver Account is £15,000
• Any outstanding balance in your Christmas Saver Account as at 20th December will be carried forward automatically to your following year’s Christmas Saver Account
• Your Christmas Saver Account is completely separate from your main savings account & cannot be taken into account when calculating loans
• Please note, if someone is in arrears with their FAIRshare loan, we reserve the right to use the funds in their Christmas Saving Account to cover those arrears, and when opening a Christmas Saver Account, they are agreeing to this
• Other terms & conditions may apply.
You can apply online to open a Christmas Saver account, or alternatively print and complete the paper application form below, and send to FAIRshare.