We provide straightforward saving accounts to our members. Whatever you’re saving for – Christmas, a holiday, a special occasion or for a ‘Rainy Day’ fund – its so easy to save with FAIRshare.
Saving with FAIRshare gives you –
- Straightforward saving accounts – its so easy to save with FAIRshare.
- Flexibility – you can save as much or as little as you want, from just £1/week or £5/month. We just ask you to save regularly.
- Easy access & no charges* or limit on the number of times you can withdraw your money.
- Access to fair, manageable loans, with flexible repayments and no penalties.
- Safe and secure – your savings are protected by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme.
- A local home for your savings, that benefits your local community – your money stays in the local area to help other local people.
- An ethical way to save – we do not invest in unethical industries, nor do we pay huge bonuses or salaries.
- Poor credit history? No problem – we do not carry out any credit checks before opening an account. Previous CCJs, bankruptcy or insolvency do not prevent you from joining FAIRshare.
- A say in how FAIRshare is run – FAIRshare is a member owned financial co-operative owned by and run for the benefit of our members.
- Optional Engage VISA debit card & current account – our prepaid VISA card and basic bank account with no credit checks and cashback rewards*.
- Its great to be part of the credit union community – locally, nationally and worldwide!
* Small monthly fee for the Engage VISA Debit Card
Why save with FAIRshare?
Saving money regularly helps protect you from unexpected financial pressures and helps you manage your money more effectively. Regular savings soon build up to buy that special present, a holiday or to help with one of life’s emergencies. Saving regularly helps spread the cost of special occasions like Christmas, holidays and birthdays -saving just £5 a week, would give you £250 at Christmas.
It’s easy to pay money in to your FAIRshare savings account:
- Set up a regular standing order
- Bank transfer – please quote your FAIRshare membership number & surname as the reference
- Payroll savings – if offered by your employer
- Pay benefit payments directly to your FAIRshare account
For more information on paying in money to your FAIRshare account click here.
When adults join FAIRshare, their membership means they become a shareholder, and any profits made are returned to members in the form of a dividend, as a reward for saving regularly.
Just like any bank or building society, FAIRshare is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Our members’ money is also protected by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme(FSCS), currently to the value of £85,000.